The Old Mill Inn
This is the oldest structure in Hatboro. It was built here on the Pennypack Creek in 1720 by a Mr. Dungworth. In August of 1777, Gen. George Washington used this mill to grind grain for his troops, on his way to an encampment at the Moland House on the Neshaminy Creek, where General Lafayette joined the army. The mill became an eating establishment in 1918, and is today, a fine restaurant.
Photo courtesy of John Williams Myndsong.com